Commit to get fit! Join us and you will be able to:
- Develop a personal workout regimen through the direction of the Personal Trainer
- Apply skills learned in the sessions to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle
- Develop fitness goals
- Identify any limitations in performing exercises
Personal Training is FREE and limited to eight sessions per semester. We do not have a purchasing system for more sessions.
Personal Training may include:
- Client Assessment—time with a personal trainer to discuss goals, get your assessment
- completed including health history/PAR-Q and physician consent, body composition testing and orient you to the weight room
- Warm-up, stretching and cool down
- Free weight training instruction
- Cardiovascular exercise
- Exercise progression
- Evaluation and review of goals
- Basic nutrition
- Ideas for home and travel
- Personalized Lancer Fit booklet to log your meals and workouts
Sign up with us TODAY! Click above, come into the Rec Center and fill out a form, or call 951-552-8580. We will contact you to schedule your first session! Once you've signed up and met with your Personal Trainer, you'll receive your very own Lancer Fit booklet! You'll be able to log your workouts and meals to keep yourself accountable and on track on your way to being Lancer Fit!
Wear comfortable clothing (Please keep CBU dress code in mind!). Athletic non-marking sole shoes and non-jean apparel are required. Rescheduling/cancelling your session with a 24-hour notice is appreciated.
Personal Trainer Credentials
All of our personal trainers are certified by a nationally recognized organization.
Ready to become a Recreation Center Personal Trainer?
Certifications we accept are:
- AFAA/NASM—Aerobic and Fitness Association of America/National Academy Sports Medicine
- ACSM—American College of Sports Medicine
- ACE—American Council on Exercise
- IFPA—International Fitness Professionals Association
- ISSA—International Sports Sciences Association
- NESTA—National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association
- NSCA—National Strength and Conditioning Association
*You must have your certification to be considered for employment.
AFAA Personal Training Certification
Interested in getting your PT certification? Want to get hired at the Rec Center as a Personal Trainer? We are bringing the certification process to YOU (and at a discount!) For those aspiring to become a certified fitness professional, the CBU Rec Center will be hosting an AFAA Personal Training certification workshop. Contact email@example.com for more information and how to sign up.
This includes a two year Personal Training certificate, I.D. card as well as a Personal Training workbook to help you through the workshop.
Personal Training Policies
Personal training is restricted to those individuals who are employed by CBU Recreation Center. Any individuals found “personal training” may be asked to leave. “Personal Training” is defined as fitness instruction to another individual.